SUCCEED! 2019 - The AFS Annual Business Convention and Expo
The 1st-ever business event solely dedicated to current and aspiring fitness businesses (studios/gyms)
Important Note: Due to limited space and time, we won't be able to accept all applications.
When suggesting and submitting a topic, please make sure:
- Your content is interesting and relevant to the audience. Sessions are meant to educate attendees on all aspects of business start-up, operations, and ownership.
- Contact info for the primary speaker of the submission is included. We require direct contact with presenters to expedite questions during the submission review process and will not consider submissions where we are unable to do this.
What we are looking for when we review the submissions:
- Is the presenter someone who can credibly address the subject in-depth?
- Will attendees receive information by attending the session that would be unique to their interests and challenges, and could not be located easily in some other fashion?
- Does it sound like it is actually a useful vision or best practices versus a vendor pitch?
- Real-world case studies.
- Actionable sessions that dive into a specific and common pain point.
- Relevancy. Does the talk answer a question the market is struggling with?
If your proposal is selected, we expect you to:
- Meet the deadlines necessary.
- Commit to presenting—no last-minute switch outs.
- Share your presence at the event with your social networks. Speakers who are active online and help drive attendance are more likely to be asked to return to speak again (pending good reviews). Please note: A speaker contract will be provided that goes into further detail of what's expected.
AFS Educational Sessions
- 60 minutes in length (45-50 minutes presentation/15 minutes of Q&A).
- There will be 4 or 5 other sessions happening during the same time.
- In your application be as clear and direct as possible about how your presentation will be relevant to our audience.
If interested, your application may also be used for other exposure opportunities through AFS