Interested in speaking at one of AFS' upcoming educational events?
When suggesting a topic, please make sure:
- Your content is interesting and relevant to the audience. Sessions are meant to educate attendees on all aspects of business operation and ownership.
- Contact info for the primary speaker of the submission is included. We require direct contact with presenters to expedite questions during the submission review process and will not consider submissions where we are unable to do this.
What we are looking for when we review the submissions:
- Is the presenter someone who can credibly address the subject in-depth?
- Will attendees receive information by attending the session that would be unique to their interests and challenges, and could not be located easily in some other fashion?
- Does it sound like it is actually a useful vision or best practices versus a vendor pitch?
- Real-world case studies.
- Actionable sessions that dive into a specific and common pain point.
- Relevancy. Does the talk answer a question the market is struggling with?
If your proposal is selected, we expect you to:
- Meet the deadlines necessary.
- Commit to presenting—no last minute switch outs.
- Share your presence at the event with your social networks. Speakers that are active online and help drive attendance are more like to be asked to return to speak again (pending good reviews).
- Contribute one informational blog post or short video about the content of your session to be posted throughout the AFS website.
Types of Educational Sessions
AFS Education Events may take the form of the following:
- Panels. In this format many different viewpoints on a topic or issue are combined in one session with a moderator. Conversation among panelists (with very different opinions) is welcome and audience participation time should be accounted for.
- Half-Day Workshops. Typical AFS Workshops in the past have foucsed on all elements of starting a fitness studio. The result of the time period must be that the attendee feels they've learned something truly useful.